The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- Current and appropriate certification.
- BA or BS degree in the subject he/ she will be teaching or in a relevant subject.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- IB experience preferred.
- Ability to teach in English.
- Planning collaboratively, in the context of the IB and the AIA curriculum, to build on student knowledge and expertise, develop significant units of inquiry, accommodate a range of ability levels and emphasize connections between curriculum areas.
- Using a range and balance of teaching strategies to differentiate learning.
- Encouraging students to be critical thinkers, involving students actively in pursuing open – ended and relevant units of inquiry, and maintaining a supportive climate for the needs of second language learners.
- Ensuring that planning, teaching, learning and assessment are interconnected processes, with a view to maintaining a balance of assessment, recording and reporting strategies that involve students, parents and colleagues in the assessment process. The teacher should also ensure students see assessment as a means of describing their learning and shaping future learning.
- Actively participating in professional development with the aim of continually working to improve learning for our students within the learning culture of AIA and the philosophy of the IB.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and regard for the image of the school and the support of colleagues in all activities, duties and requirements of the school as assigned by the Principal/ Head and IB Coordinator and outlined in the policies of the school.
- The key responsibility of every teacher at AIA is to be familiar with the values and beliefs expressed in the philosophy of the IB and to work to translate them into daily classroom practice in an international environment.
Competitive annual salary
Monthly transportation and communication allowances
Annual airplane ticket
Private medical insurance