The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
- Appropriate and current certification in Special Education. M.A., M.S. preferred.
- Previous experience as a special education teacher.
- Experience in generating an IEP (Individualized Education Program) as well as experience leading an IEP meeting with parents.
- Bilingual English/Arabic; and a 3rd language will be seen as an asset.
- To be committed to full participation in the weekly colleague discussion sessions that take place for developing student “Individualized Education Program” (IEP) plans.
- To administer appropriate diagnostic tests and to provide results of the tests, when appropriate, to teachers, parents, counsellors with results being placed in the student’s folder.
- To monitor activity in the student’s IEP plan and regularly communicate results to teachers and the counsellor.
- To monitor the work of the Learning Support Teachers to ensure that the best quality program is being provided across the board.
- To provide faculty with regular in-service about the activities of the special learning assistance program.
- To help teachers use a wide variety of instruction strategies in order to establish both student learning motivation and learning achievement success.
- To present an annual order of budgeted materials and supplies for the following school year.
- To meet with and communicate with parents regularly who have children assigned to the Learning Support Program.
- To be part of the admissions process in order to ensure that students who need learning support are correctly placed.
- To perform other responsibilities, as might be requested by the principal and are appropriate to the assignment.
Competitive annual salary
Monthly transportation and communication allowances
Annual airplane ticket
Private medical insurance
|Job Category||Elementary, Special Education|